tsaiko: Gif of a lemming falling off an edge (annoyed)
[personal profile] tsaiko
WHY DOES THE SEATTLE PUBLIC TRANSIT WEBSITE MAKE NO DAMN SENSE?

(no subject)

Date: 4/14/11 04:02 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tygati.livejournal.com
Because it's Seattle? ^^;

It's not any better driving, actually. Trying to find I-90 is ridiculously difficult. x_x

(no subject)

Date: 4/14/11 05:45 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] niravive.livejournal.com
You mean that wasn't just me? Thank god!

(My family has the sense of direction of a flock of homing pigeons with google maps in their brains. Me? I'm apparently the brain damaged homing pigeon in the paper sack getting lost.)

(no subject)

Date: 4/14/11 02:30 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tygati.livejournal.com
I blame the massive amounts of caffeine that city consumes. x_X They're all too hyped up to even notice that their city is on crack.

(no subject)

Date: 4/14/11 09:34 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] niravive.livejournal.com
I shall have to try the three shots of expresso before navigating trick before trying to go anywhere up there ever again. *nods* But that area is totally on crack. I lived on one street that was labeled west, but there was no east to correspond to it. So they obviously just liked the sound of it.

(no subject)

Date: 4/14/11 01:20 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tsaiko.livejournal.com
Heck, when my Dad was here a few days ago, even the GPS was giving us crazy directions. It sent us across one of the bridges only to have us turn around and go across the same bridge. Sigh.

(no subject)

Date: 4/14/11 02:31 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tygati.livejournal.com
Totally unsurprising. I didn't get my GPS until after moving to Oregon, but I'm sure I'd get even more lost up there than I do trying to navigate Portland. x_x

(no subject)

Date: 4/14/11 04:14 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] alani-an.livejournal.com
If you use google maps you'll have a much easier time. I'd get to the bus stops five minutes (or so) earlier...but I'm admittedly paranoid when it comes to public transit.

Good luck with the metro! (Oh! and talk to the bus drivers if you ever need any help. They're ridiculously nice if you're polite to them)

(no subject)

Date: 4/14/11 04:16 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tsaiko.livejournal.com
We did use Google Maps on [livejournal.com profile] miome's phone to help us get around (and figure out what stop we were at). You're right. It is much easier.

I noticed that everyone asked the drivers information and they are really nice about it. I think people do that because that's the only way they can figure out where the bus is going. The website sure isn't going to tell them. :|

(no subject)

Date: 4/14/11 03:12 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] fullmetal-cute.livejournal.com
I've never had any trouble navigating the bus system. Have you tried going on their website and using the trip planner?

(no subject)

Date: 4/14/11 10:20 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tsaiko.livejournal.com
Yes, I did use the trip planner. Or tried to. It didn't help.

Actually, Google Maps is working for us. We're getting around pretty well using it.

Who am I?

tsaiko: Gif of a lemming falling off an edge (Default)
tsaiko

November 2019

M T W T F S S
    123
45678910
11121314151617
1819202122 2324
252627282930 

What I talk about