Dream of Young Avengers and ducks
Thursday, May 14th, 2009 09:53 amObviously, my subconscious has been picking up material from
squeakyorm's journal.
I had a dream last night that Teddy was a cat. He was a pale golden tabby tom with the type of build I call rangy (all legs and lean body). In the dream
miome and I owned him instead of our two furballs. It was funny because in the dream I was trying to sleep, only I rolled over at some point, and Teddy cat took that as a sign that I was awake and available for pettings. I hear this purr start up from across the room. A few seconds later, Teddy cat is sitting on me purring in my ear.
He also read comic books with me. He'd meow and paw at them until I let him get in my lap. Then he'd curl up, prop his head on my arm, and read along. Sometimes he'd bat at the page with his paw, meow worriedly when something bad happened, and purr when the Young Avengers won. In the dream I didn't realize he was reading along, but it's kind of obvious cat Teddy was reading along.
Obviously in this dream, the Young Avengers were real and you could follow their real-life superhero adventures through comic books (which acted almost like newspapers). The Young Avengers were in England looking for Teddy, not realizing that he was 1) a cat and 2) at my apartment. I think they may have been in London?
Anyway, while they were looking for Teddy, there was this one blond guy that kept making comments and flirting with Billy. I think he was supposed to be some other superhero, though I didn't recognize him. Even in the dream I was like "He's looking for his boyfriend. STOP MACKING ON HIM." I don't think Teddy cat liked him either.
After that the dream started breaking up (mostly because the damn thunderstorms we had last night kept waking me up). I do know at one point I talked about getting Teddy neutered because that's what responsible pet owners do. He hid from me for like three days. I do have to say now, that I don't know why he was so mad. He's part Skrull! It's not like he can't grow his balls back.
Yesterday I was walking to where we parked the car when I noticed a mama duck and six ducklings coming down the sidewalk towards me. They were adorable little balls of fluff. I watched them get within a few feet of me before a fire truck raced by and scared them. Mama led them off into the bushes. Urban ducks for the win!
I had a dream last night that Teddy was a cat. He was a pale golden tabby tom with the type of build I call rangy (all legs and lean body). In the dream
He also read comic books with me. He'd meow and paw at them until I let him get in my lap. Then he'd curl up, prop his head on my arm, and read along. Sometimes he'd bat at the page with his paw, meow worriedly when something bad happened, and purr when the Young Avengers won. In the dream I didn't realize he was reading along, but it's kind of obvious cat Teddy was reading along.
Obviously in this dream, the Young Avengers were real and you could follow their real-life superhero adventures through comic books (which acted almost like newspapers). The Young Avengers were in England looking for Teddy, not realizing that he was 1) a cat and 2) at my apartment. I think they may have been in London?
Anyway, while they were looking for Teddy, there was this one blond guy that kept making comments and flirting with Billy. I think he was supposed to be some other superhero, though I didn't recognize him. Even in the dream I was like "He's looking for his boyfriend. STOP MACKING ON HIM." I don't think Teddy cat liked him either.
After that the dream started breaking up (mostly because the damn thunderstorms we had last night kept waking me up). I do know at one point I talked about getting Teddy neutered because that's what responsible pet owners do. He hid from me for like three days. I do have to say now, that I don't know why he was so mad. He's part Skrull! It's not like he can't grow his balls back.
Yesterday I was walking to where we parked the car when I noticed a mama duck and six ducklings coming down the sidewalk towards me. They were adorable little balls of fluff. I watched them get within a few feet of me before a fire truck raced by and scared them. Mama led them off into the bushes. Urban ducks for the win!
(no subject)
Date: 5/14/09 02:51 pm (UTC)*dies, just dies* Have I mentioned lately that you are the awesome? XD
(no subject)
Date: 5/14/09 02:53 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 5/14/09 03:46 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 5/14/09 05:57 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 5/14/09 07:49 pm (UTC)And this just makes me wish I had a Teddy!cat. I bet he'd be the most comfy, cuddly cat ever
(no subject)
Date: 5/14/09 08:00 pm (UTC)Teddy cat was comfy. And big. And his purr was loud enough to rattle windows, I swear.
(no subject)
Date: 5/15/09 12:47 am (UTC)