The roof is on fire!

Thursday, March 12th, 2009 08:26 am
tsaiko: Gif of a lemming falling off an edge (shock)
[personal profile] tsaiko
Well, the roof isn't on fire, but a luxery apartment complex being built downtown is. It's a few blocks from the capital building and a few blocks from campus. It started about 3am and smoke is still just billowing. From what I understand, they are trying desperately to keep the fire contained, though it's already damaged a few other buildings and embers have set some trees on fire. No injuries, thank goodness. They have downtown shut down and are rerouting traffic thru campus. You can imagine how much fun the people commuting are having today. [livejournal.com profile] miome and I got to watch some of the action from one of the hamster tubes on campus.

Note to self: call mom tonight because I'm sure by the end of the day, she'll have heard that the entire city is burning down. -_-

(no subject)

Date: 3/12/09 01:35 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lizerk.livejournal.com
Yikes! I'm glad you're okay at least.

(no subject)

Date: 3/12/09 10:50 pm (UTC)
ext_835: (Default)
From: [identity profile] gweneiriol.livejournal.com
you wouldn't happen to be talking about the fire in Downtown Indianapolis would you? If so, I work downtown and traffic was SUCH a mess going home tonight!

(no subject)

Date: 3/12/09 10:55 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tsaiko.livejournal.com
That is exactly the one I'm talking about. I can imagine traffic was a nightmare. It was bad enough this morning with them routing traffic through campus.

(no subject)

Date: 3/12/09 11:43 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] kayay.livejournal.com
Was it this one (http://www.indystar.com/article/20090312/NEWS/90312002)? [livejournal.com profile] flameraven on my flist mentioned it too and I thought "OOOH is it the same!?"

(no subject)

Date: 3/12/09 11:48 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tsaiko.livejournal.com
Yep! That's it. I was watching them put out the hotspots from the parking garage before I left for home. I cannot imagine losing $28 million in assets from a fire.

(no subject)

Date: 3/13/09 01:16 am (UTC)
ext_835: (Default)
From: [identity profile] gweneiriol.livejournal.com
Oh yes! it was awful! I think the worse I've seen it though, was a few years ago, when we had one of those snow storms and they like, let EVERYONE go home from work at 3 pm. :P

(no subject)

Date: 3/13/09 03:58 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lighthawk.livejournal.com
"Note to self: call mom tonight because I'm sure by the end of the day, she'll have heard that the entire city is burning down. -_-"

Hey, that's not too unusual. It's not like some idiot heard a tornado touched down somewhere in your time zone and called you up because he thought it might have been in your area. But I don't know anyone like that. ;)

I mean, that fire was practically next door!

(no subject)

Date: 3/14/09 12:03 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tsaiko.livejournal.com
Hey, I would much rather here from the idiot that have him wonder if I'm dead or alive. XD

Who am I?

tsaiko: Gif of a lemming falling off an edge (Default)
tsaiko

November 2019

M T W T F S S
    123
45678910
11121314151617
1819202122 2324
252627282930 

What I talk about