tsaiko: Gif of a lemming falling off an edge (digimon)
[personal profile] tsaiko
As I was messaging [livejournal.com profile] miome about getting lunch, two girls sat down next to me. I was on one of the public computers due do not being able to get into the lab (this was a fiasco unto itself, which got resolved).

Girl 1: Yeah, my boyfriend only had a few beers at the party. He didn't want to get falling down drunk because he was going shooting with his Dad that afternoon.
Girl 2: *with absolutely no trace of sarcasm* Girl... he's so responsible.
Girl 1: *totally serious* I know.
Tsaiko: D:

Seriously? Seriously? You people are in college and you think it's fine for someone to wave around a loaded weapon after "only a few beers"? I hope like hell the "shooting" he was going to was at a gun range. At least that's a more controlled environment. Let's hope this guy didn't go hunting.

"Man, I drink a few beers and a lot more of the deer start wearing orange."

"It's tradition. All of us go hunting, have a few beers, and then one of us gets shot."

"It's not a hunting trip unless someone's bleeding."

(no subject)

Date: 1/2/09 06:20 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] m-steelgrave.livejournal.com
"Man, I drink a few beers and a lot more of the deer start wearing orange."

XD Is that anything like, "The girls get better looking at closing time?"

(no subject)

Date: 1/2/09 11:30 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tsaiko.livejournal.com
I was about to say "The only real difference, is the prey moves faster in the woods" but I have seen some women book it when they are being hit up by a drunk guy.

(no subject)

Date: 1/3/09 06:43 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] theotherdibbler.livejournal.com
I thought that was a hunting tradition!

(no subject)

Date: 1/4/09 11:09 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] kayay.livejournal.com
Too bad it's not the drunks that get accidentally shot.

Perhaps I'm a fuddyduddy, but I really hate when people lack any self control when it comes to things like alcohol. If you're the one driving or you're going to handle a gun later you should have the self control to put of downing those beers for one bloody day. Do they really need to drink to enjoy the day?

Who am I?

tsaiko: Gif of a lemming falling off an edge (Default)
tsaiko

November 2019

M T W T F S S
    123
45678910
11121314151617
1819202122 2324
252627282930 

What I talk about