Barnes and Chernobyl

Tuesday, April 24th, 2007 08:57 pm
tsaiko: Gif of a lemming falling off an edge (plothole)
[personal profile] tsaiko
I just returned from a brief shopping trip where I got to spend a lovely gift card sent to me for my birthday (thank you, [livejournal.com profile] postaljen!) I swear their entire sci-fi/fantasy section went like this:

Issac Asimov, Piers Anthony, 300 vampire books, 2 books about dragons, Orson Scott Card, 300 more vampire books, 4 books about space ships, Mercedes Lackey, Anne McCaffery, yet another 300 vampire books, a book where I learned waaaay too much about the author's kinks just by reading the back cover, another 100 vampire books, four shelves dedicated to Tolkien including no less that 30 reprints of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and did I mention those vampire books?

No wonder I opted for the cheesy, cheesy romance novel involving cat people.
(deleted comment)

(no subject)

Date: 4/25/07 10:56 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tsaiko.livejournal.com
I mean, I can understand a book or two about vampires in my sci-fi/fantasy section. Hell I even forgave Tanya Huff when she pulled a Laurel K. Hamilton and wrote about vampires. But this much? I feel like I'm back in the damn teenage section of the bookstore where all my choices were supernatural, murder mystery with supernatural, and more supernatural. I WENT TO THE SCI-FI/FANTASY SECTION TO GET AWAY FROM THIS CRAP IN THE FIRST PLACE.

(no subject)

Date: 4/25/07 01:51 am (UTC)
ext_195307: (Kittens)
From: [identity profile] itlandm.livejournal.com
Cat people!!!

(no subject)

Date: 4/25/07 03:15 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] touma-karamochi.livejournal.com
I know, I went to get the next book today for the Dresden Files (yes, I know, part of the 'OMG more vampires whee!' books, but I like the snark of Harry and Bob... :D ), and I think it's about the same thing. I can't help but just think of how most everyone and their dog is writing about the same thing that a few people perfected but everyone wants to cash in on... And it seems to follow genres too, wasn't it a while ago drama-thriller-suspense things abounded at every turn?

(no subject)

Date: 4/26/07 01:20 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tsaiko.livejournal.com
I can remember when it was all about dragons. Every book about dragons. Lots of dragons. Now they all seem to have moved on to vampires. It's kind of disheartening. What happened to being original?

(no subject)

Date: 4/25/07 04:15 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] reeology.livejournal.com
YOU MEAN THERE WERE ONLY 600 VAMPIRE BOOKS? *in shock*

(no subject)

Date: 4/25/07 11:13 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tsaiko.livejournal.com
THERE WERE OVER 9000! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBtpyeLxVkI)

(no subject)

Date: 4/25/07 05:31 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] moonwiggle.livejournal.com
And probably about a third of those vampire books are by Laurell K. Hamilton, a third by Anne Rice, and then most of the remaining third by people imitating them both to varying degrees.

(no subject)

Date: 4/25/07 06:39 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lisiche.livejournal.com
Oddly enough, Anne Rice is in the "Literature" section. ...I'll never figure that one out.

Birthday

Date: 4/25/07 11:43 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] paisleyavenger.livejournal.com
Hey Chick,

I want to take you out for dinner for your birthday. Let me know what day is a good one and call me!!

Kitty

Re: Birthday

Date: 4/26/07 01:18 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tsaiko.livejournal.com
I tried calling you and left a message. Only I'm not sure if that is your current cell phone number or not. If I don't hear from you tomorrow, I'm going to email you.

I swear I entered your cell in my cell and it ATE IT. Damn phone.

Who am I?

tsaiko: Gif of a lemming falling off an edge (Default)
tsaiko

November 2019

M T W T F S S
    123
45678910
11121314151617
1819202122 2324
252627282930 

What I talk about